PLEASE READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY TO PREPARE FOR YOUR AUDITION
ABOUT THE PLAY THAT GOES WRONG: HIGH SCHOOL EDITION
Welcome to opening night of the Cornley University Drama Societyâ€™s newest production, The Murder at Haversham Manor, where things are quickly going from bad to utterly disastrous. This 1920s whodunit has everything you never wanted in a showâ€”an unconscious leading lady, a corpse that canâ€™t play dead, and actors who trip over everything (including their lines). Nevertheless, the accident-prone thespians battle against all odds to make it through to their final curtain call, with hilarious consequences! (dramatists.com)
More information on the show can be found here: Play Info
We are performing the High School Edition.
Auditions will be Wednesday, August 31st and Thursday, September 1st from 6-8 in the high school auditorium.
Rehearsals will begin with a full cast meeting on Tuesday September 6th from 7 PM - 9 PM in the Auditorium.
Please note all rehearsals (except for Sunday November 13th) will be in the evenings between 6 PM - 9 PM. All cast members will for the most part need to attend every rehearsal due to the ensemble nature of the show.
The Play that Goes Wrong performances will be Friday, November 18th at 7 PM, Saturday, November 19th at 7 PM, and Sunday, November 20th at 2 PM. Mandatory rehearsals will be from Sunday, November 13th thru Thursday, November 17th.
TO SIGN UP FOR AN AUDITION
To audition, sign up for a time on the signup sheet on the auditorium door.
PREPARING FOR THE AUDITION
- Prepare a one minute MEMORIZED comedic monologue of your choosing. Cold readings will be given at the audition.
- Annie - the company's stage manager. American accent. (F)
- Trevor (or Taylor) - the company's lighting and sound operator. American accent. (M/F)
- Chris - the head of the drama society, directed the play and plays Inspector Carter. British accent. (M/F)
- Jonathan - plays Charles Haversham. British accent. (M)
- Robert (or Rachel) - plays Thomas (or Mary) Colleymoore. British accent. (M/F)
- Dennis (or Denise) - plays Perkins. British accent. (M/F)
- Max - plays Cecil Haversham and Arthur the Gardner. British accent. (M)
- Sandra - plays Florence Colleymoore. British accent. (F)
- Stage Crew (6-8) - the Cornley Drama Society Stage Crew. (M/F)
Auditions will be scored using the following rubric:
Fall Play Audition Rubric